5 Things to try this Month
Never mind January, September always feels like the start of the new year to me! I’m not sure why it may be something to do with the fact that the kids go back to school, the end of the lovely summer months or the fact that we launch our next year’s festival in the first few weeks of September and all the mad planning begins again! Our early bird tickets are on sale now, so be sure to grab one before they all go! There is something about this month that makes me want to get organised, clean up and prepared for the cooler months ahead. I also can’t resist picking brambles from the hedgerows to use in a delicious crumble or collecting conkers with the kids.
If, like me, you feel the need to get a few things done this month why not try these ideas this month?
- Get organised – Create a Breakfast Cupboard. If you’ve got kids this is a must try as the school run madness starts all over again. Live in a kid’s free zone this is a great way to organise part of your kitchen. A Breakfast Cupboard is the perfect way to keep all your breakfasty things together and allows kids and house guests to help themselves to breakfast without having to search every cupboard in your kitchen. Find out how I created mine here.
- Go Brambling. Brambling or blackberry picking whichever you call it where you are from is destined to bring back childhood memories. Find your nearest patch of woodland or hedgerows and find the last crop of the season. You can guarantee that the biggest juiciest fruit is always at the back of the hedge and you’ll get yourself a few scratches trying to reach them. The best part? All the delicious bramble recipes you can cook up afterwards (try my Apple & Bramble Crumble recipe here).
- Grab your family, your better half or your mates and go on a walk in the Yorkshire Dales. Going walking is the perfect way to get outdoors this month. Not the walking type? Try this easy route near Malham village which like all great walks starts and ends at two different pubs! No excuses, even my 3-year-old can complete it! Janet’s Foss, circular walk.
- Organise your desk and give it a makeover. I always find that I am so much more inspired to work when I am sitting at a lovely workspace. Buy a bouquet of fresh flowers, put them in a pretty vase, and start an inspiration book where you can collect all your ideas in one place. I guarantee you will have more fun while you work! Have a look at my back to school stationery splurge here.
- Make some Jam! There is nothing nicer than freshly made jam on toast for breakfast. If you have never tried jam making, try my easy Boozy Strawberry Jam Recipe it is super easy to make and tastes delicious.
What are your September must do’s?
I highly encourage all of you to make a monthly bucket list too—it’s fun and makes you do stuff!
Let me know what you get up to and share you pics with me too.