So we have been super busy recently, but we still wanted to get into the spirit of Halloween and have a go at making some treats (whilst cheating a little bit).
We have taken the quick way for some parts, so its very easy for you to do if you are in a rush or just want to do something quickly for the kids!
The first was simply a rice crispy pumpkin! All you need is some mini marshmallows, rice crispies and we used orange and green food colouring. You’ll need to do two separate ones because of the colours.
- Melt some butter in a pan and add a drop of food colouring.
- Pop in 2 cups of marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add 2 cups of rice crispies and stir until completely covered (making sure there is a good colour to them both).
- Tip out the mix onto a lightly greased tray and press into shapes.
- TOP TIP: If you slightly dampen your hands it makes it SO much easier.
- We finally used some black writing icing for the eyes and mouth, but you could use melted chocolate.
The second was even easier! – (because we may have cheated). All you need for this is some cookies, mini marshmallows and red icing or writing icing.
- The first thing to do for these would be to make some cookie dough, roll it out and make or cut into circles and pop it in the oven, however we just picked up some cookies from the shop as we didn’t have time!
- Chop the cookies in half into two semi circles.
- Stick the mini mallows onto one half of the cookie resembling the teeth using some icing.
- Put more icing onto the other half of the biscuit and stick them together.
- Finally add more red icing or writing icing around the teeth for a more gruesome feel!
As simple as that!